I was sent this recipe from a water company and made it and it was beyond amazing! We are normally not huge apple cider people but I could drink this daily! That is how amazing it was! I received my Christmas cards from Minted.com and listened to Christmas music while sipping on these apple cider and it was honestly a perfect moment! Plus the smell of this stuff cooking is amazing! My house smelled good all day long!
HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER
· 12 medium apples, assorted types
· 2 oranges
· 4 cinnamon sticks
· 1 whole nutmeg
· 1 Tbsp. whole cloves
· 1 tsp. whole allspice
· 7 bottles of Jeju 16 Water (16.9 oz bottles)
· 1/2 – 1 cup brown sugar
1. Wash the apples and oranges, and then roughly cut into quarters. (Don’t worry about removing peels, seeds, or stems.) Place in a large stock pot. Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Cover with Jeju 16 Water, filling the pot until it is nearly full. Bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring occasionally. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Once the apples have softened after an hour or two, use a potato masher (or tongs or the side of a spoon) to mash the apple and orange slices once they are soft. Cook for one more hour.
3. Strain out the apple cider into a clean pitcher or pot. To get the maximum juice out of the apples, you can press them through a fine-mesh strainer or strain through a cheese cloth. Stir in your desired amount of sweetener until it is dissolved.
4. Serve hot.